I had never been far away from my country before I came to the US. When I came here, every thing was so strange for me such as culture, food, habits. My first trip began from Chicago. I had to take a train to go to Carbondale alone. When I came here. I met Anna (that is you). You helped me to carry my stuff and take me to University Hall. I did say thank you to you, but I will never forget that day. You are the first American person who gave me a very good impression because of your helping and your caring.
Like every Vietnamese people in my country, I am always afraid to ask people for help, because I do not want to disturb people. When I came University Hall, I could not eat American food, I could not contact my friends in Chicago, my family in Vietnam. But, I did not ask you for help, even Mrs Joy. I was unhappy because there were no internet, no cell phone, even phone. I became feel alone and unhappy. I got stressful and could not eat. I was shock.
The first week in Carbondale seemed a nightmare in my life because I was getting nervous. I just eat one meal a day with bread and cheese which I had never eaten in my country (I mean I do not like it at all). I lost weight and be nervous at the same time. I cried everyday. The only thing that I could do at that time was reading The Bible. I thought of Jesus. He is only my friend at that time, because there is only him can listen to me, help me get over all my trouble things.
I did get nervous time in my life. It was my experience. It's good for me, because there are a lot of people who are willing to help me in the first time I came to the US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment