Do you believe that I did not have any Valentines day in my country. When I was in high school, I even did not cerebrate this day. After that, when I went to university, I start knowing about this special day and people begin to pay attention to it. However, it seems for people who are in love. We do not cerebrate each other in family. People also give chocolate and eat out in this day. Men suppose to buy flowers for women and take their girlfriends or wives to eat out. There are many activities for couple to enjoy in this day. The most interesting thing I ever known is there was a competition that people write nice letter for their lover. The best letter will be shown. The win couple can get a good traveling for free. So that they have more time to be together.
Since I came to the US, everything seems to be different. I was happy a lot when I received a nice card from Gretchen, my Core teacher in CESl. I got surprised to know that American cerebrate each other in this day. They can give card, gift each other. I got more amazed to know there are a lot of couple came to restaurants to cheer each other. When I came to Thai Taste Restaurant, I saw many couple are waiting for their seats. It is so wonderful!!!!
I am lucky to come here to know more about culture. It is very awesome because people can express their love in this day in very nice ways.
1 comment:
I have never heard of a letter writing competition, that's really funny. It would be interesting to read the one that won!
Post a Comment